Suggestions for making a drawer organizer

All the drawers in my kitchen are without organization and look like an arial view of Dresden during the war.

Non of the flatware drawer organizers that I've found seem to do the trick, and I would love to make one of my own. I've worked with wood at the fundamental level only, construction level repairs, and gluing and clamping chairs, and everything else "easy".

Are there any suggestions, save for hiring a carpenter for customized drawers?

Reply to
Thomas G. Marshall

Here's one simple concept .

Sam Allen has another in

And you can make them in layers--the fourth project in

shows how to do it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Sounds like an "operator problem". :)

Check out the link below ... they're very intuitive to make if you don't want to buy, or buy a set and use them as guides to do your own:

Swingman

Thomas G. Marshall wrote: | All the drawers in my kitchen are without organization and look | like an arial view of Dresden during the war. | | Non of the flatware drawer organizers that I've found seem to do | the trick, and I would love to make one of my own. I've worked | with wood at the fundamental level only, construction level | repairs, and gluing and clamping chairs, and everything else "easy". | | Are there any suggestions, save for hiring a carpenter for | customized drawers?

Make your own organizer trays. Lay 'em out to hold what you have in the way you want. I've built several designs out of 1/4" and 1/2" maple and found it to work well. For a really unimaginative simple design, follow the link below...

Morris Dovey

Reply to
Wilson

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas

Look at this link:

went to Home Depot and bought some hobby wood that was 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch thick and about 4 or 5 inches in width ( I matched the depth of the drawer)

You lay out your pattern, measure the lengths, and just put them in the drawer. I laid mine out so the tension of the boards against one another would hold them in place. It worked for a while and then eventually they would move and mess up. So I went back and reinstalled them using a hot glue gun to hold them together, which has worked now for over a year.

A hot glue gun is much faster than cutting slots or dados.

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

Reply to
mapdude

picture down is my concept of perfect drawer organization. :)

Reply to
Steve Hall

A neat shop is a sign of a sick mind.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Of course; I said "concept" because my real shop bears no resemblance.

Reply to
Steve Hall