Suggestions for making a drawer organizer

All the drawers in my kitchen are without organization and look like an arial view of Dresden during the war.
Non of the flatware drawer organizers that I've found seem to do the trick, and I would love to make one of my own. I've worked with wood at the fundamental level only, construction level repairs, and gluing and clamping chairs, and everything else "easy".
Are there any suggestions, save for hiring a carpenter for customized drawers?
On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:20:41 GMT, "Thomas G. Marshall"

Here's one simple concept <http://pages.areaguides.com/ubuild/Builtinsdrawerorganizer.htm .
Sam Allen has another in <(Amazon.com product link shortened)72234511/ref=sr_1_11/002-5925614-1035224?ie=UTF8&s=books>
And you can make them in layers--the fourth project in <(Amazon.com product link shortened)> shows how to do it.

wrote in message

trick,
clamping
Sounds like an "operator problem". :)
Check out the link below ... they're very intuitive to make if you don't want to buy, or buy a set and use them as guides to do your own:
http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?page "98
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07
wrote in message

If there is a Lowes near you go look at a magazine just in called Home Storage Projects by Workbench Magazine. It has plans for adaptable drawer storage made from 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch stock. You can purchase this as 'hobby' wood from Lowes or other places. No gluing as the pieces all interlock. You will need some way to cut dados and slots.
On Feb 23, 6:20 am, "Thomas G. Marshall"

Look at this link:
http://www.geocities.com/herkidzdad/divider.jpg
I went to Home Depot and bought some hobby wood that was 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch thick and about 4 or 5 inches in width ( I matched the depth of the drawer)
You lay out your pattern, measure the lengths, and just put them in the drawer. I laid mine out so the tension of the boards against one another would hold them in place. It worked for a while and then eventually they would move and mess up. So I went back and reinstalled them using a hot glue gun to hold them together, which has worked now for over a year.
A hot glue gun is much faster than cutting slots or dados.
Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

http://benchmark.20m.com/workshop/WorkBench/workbench.html
Second picture down is my concept of perfect drawer organization. :)

A neat shop is a sign of a sick mind.
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:24:10 -0800, Father Haskell wrote:

Of course; I said "concept" because my real shop bears no resemblance.