Suggestions for construction or material types.

I need to make a "pedestal" or foot for a couch ( or three or four.) The top will be 5" x 5", the sides concave down to 1.5" x 1.5", 5" tall. I'm thinking, so far, a 5" x 5" piece of oak I can cut at 5" and bandsaw the curves on all four sides ( but where to find a piece that big. ) OR glue up four pieces to make the sides with a filler piece inside and on top to take the weight of the couch and occupants. The user will stain them himself so I need to come up with the finish sanded product only, no finish.
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Too hard of a question or is more explanation needed?
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Sounds like a bandsaw should do the trick; but you may want to do some final shaping after rough cutting with the BS - perhaps on a spindle sander?
If you glue up smaller pieces you may want to consider strategies to hide/minimize glue lines...
I don't think it's the difficulty of the question - I'm just not sure what information you're after or how I might be helpful. d-:
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA