Suggested uses of cyprus

A friend bought a bunch of cyprus (1x12) at the auction of a local old mansion. It came from the ceiling of a long hallway. He's offered it to me (for what he paid) but I haven't decided on a good app for it. Any suggestions??? I really prefer the darker woods: mahogany, cherry and walnut but I'm open to ideas. Respectfully, Ron Moore
Ron Moore wrote:

It would be nice if the Turks and Greeks were to get along a little better.
--

FF

I'd use it for the ceiling of a long hallway.
<thud>
OK, its rot resistant, I've heard, so outdoor furniture comes to mind.
-jbb

in

Yeah, Norm uses it for his outdoor chairs and tables. I think he made a plant stand or something too.
If I recall correctly, it's so full of oil he cleans cleans the joints with mineral spirits or something before he glues it up.
Dan wrote:

You are confusing cypress with teak. Any good exterior glue will work okay
BTW are there any good exterior glues? Just kidding.
Deb
Dan wrote:

TEAK needs the mineral spirits treatment, not cypress

Good for outdoor furniture. I've used it for benches, tables, lounge chair. There are pictures on my web page. It has also been used for trim inside and outside of homes also.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Let's not confuse a country(Cyprus) with the really pretty wood called cypress.
It can be used for anlmost any application and is favored for outdoor stuff.
Cypress is still readily available and is fairly cheap by wood standards. It is soft and will chip quite easily.
It takes nails,screws,glue and paint quite well.
Go to Google and search on "cypress wood"
Ron Moore wrote:

Well, apparently neither could the original poster so I'm glad I helped both of you out.
mike hide wrote:

Something to keep Greece and Turkey occupied?
--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever