Suggested uses of cyprus

A friend bought a bunch of cyprus (1x12) at the auction of a local old mansion. It came from the ceiling of a long hallway. He's offered it to me (for what he paid) but I haven't decided on a good app for it. Any suggestions??? I really prefer the darker woods: mahogany, cherry and walnut but I'm open to ideas. Respectfully, Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

It would be nice if the Turks and Greeks were to get along a little better.

Reply to
fredfighter

I'd use it for the ceiling of a long hallway.

OK, its rot resistant, I've heard, so outdoor furniture comes to mind.

-jbb

Reply to
J.B. Bobbitt

On Mon 27 Jun 2005 09:29:02p, "J.B. Bobbitt" wrote in news:OB2we.459$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com:

Yeah, Norm uses it for his outdoor chairs and tables. I think he made a plant stand or something too.

If I recall correctly, it's so full of oil he cleans cleans the joints with mineral spirits or something before he glues it up.

Reply to
Dan

Good for outdoor furniture. I've used it for benches, tables, lounge chair. There are pictures on my web page. It has also been used for trim inside and outside of homes also.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You are confusing cypress with teak. Any good exterior glue will work okay

BTW are there any good exterior glues? Just kidding.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

TEAK needs the mineral spirits treatment, not cypress

Reply to
woodwerks

Boat docks !!!!mjh

Reply to
mike hide

Let's not confuse a country(Cyprus) with the really pretty wood called cypress.

It can be used for anlmost any application and is favored for outdoor stuff.

Cypress is still readily available and is fairly cheap by wood standards. It is soft and will chip quite easily.

It takes nails,screws,glue and paint quite well.

Go to Google and search on "cypress wood"

R> A friend bought a bunch of cyprus (1x12) at the auction of a local old

Reply to
Pat Barber

Something to keep Greece and Turkey occupied?

Reply to
lgb

Aw thanks so much, I never could tell the difference .....mjh

Reply to
mike hide

Reply to
Pat Barber