Substitute for tilt base router.

Need to do some routing in an inside corner. A tilt base is not available for my Ridgid trim router (R2401) and I do not want to buy both a new router *and* a tilt base... Does anyone make a *fixed* base plate that holds a router at 45 degrees? Have struck out Googling but may just lack the name to search for.
Or, has anyone ever made a custom router base from scratch? Shipping is a bit pricey, but big chunks of solid UHMW polyethylene are pretty cheap on Ebay.
--
William

William Bagwell wrote:

Might a bevel bit work? If not (and maybe instead), why not just use wood to build the fixture for the router? I'm not very experienced, so please take that into consideration.
Bill

Can not picture in my mind how a bevel bit would help me, plus it needs to have a 1/8" radius. 'Router bit' I am using is a solid carbide 1/4" ball nosed end mil. :-O
If the modified base was a permanent addition then wood would work well. Perhaps a hard maple... Screws that hold the base to the router are tiny, worried there will be not be enough meat left after counter boring.
--
William

William Bagwell wrote:

Maybe if the base fixture was extra long and affixed with duct tape? Obviously, you are the best judge as to what might be workable. Good luck!
Bill
On Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:11:20 PM UTC-7, William Bagwell wrote:

I've made baseplates, that's easy: the problem with 45 degrees, though, is the length of your router bit. It has to poke out far enough to get to the work, and depending on the router, that motor and standard base will get in the way. Is it impractical to make a guide surface at 45 degrees, that you can just clamp to your workpiece? Or to use a gentler angle?
If you end up making your own base, anyhow, can you benefit from using a pneumatic grinder to drive the bit, instead of the router? Those little pneumatic handpieces are lots easier to get into tight spaces.

Yes, a 45 degree base will require a longer bit. Have a 3" long one that should work just fine with my trim router. Love to use pneumatic but my compressor is way too small.
Kept looking and found someone on Ebay selling chunks of plastic who was not also trying to rape me on shipping. Will try to upload some pictures once I get it made.
--
William

"William Bagwell" wrote:
William Bagwell wrote:

----------------------------------------------------------- SFWIW, check out end mills available from metal cutting bit suppliers.
You can get a 4 flute, 1/2" dia end mills with 4" flutes.
That's a bit with a lot of unsupported length which will certainly limit cutting depth.
Lew