Submarine Door

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/10/brass-and-wood-pressure-door-with-i.html
Nice peephole.
Regards,
Edward Hennessey
Add pictures here
✖

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/10/brass-and-wood-pressure-door-with-i.html
That takes peepholes and deadbolts to a whole new level.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 26, 1:10 pm, "Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote:

Got to love it.
That is pretty cool.
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/26/2011 12:10 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Gotta remember that if I ever build another straw bale wall house. It is tradition to put what is known as a "truth window" on an interior wall to prove that it is indeed made of straw:
Before:
https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/StrawBaleWalls?authkey=Gv1sRgCKLq7MvW152vBQ#5411821118414671298
After:
https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/StrawbaleMiscellaneousUneditedUncategorized?authkey=Gv1sRgCKa75ovCtKnS_gE#5487089646093044802
That would be a cool one ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/StrawBaleWalls?authkey=Gv1sRgCKLq7MvW152vBQ#5411821118414671298
https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/StrawbaleMiscellaneousUneditedUncategorized?authkey=Gv1sRgCKa75ovCtKnS_gE#5487089646093044802
this one would be better
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/08/secret-knock-detecting-workshop-doo.html
Add pictures here
✖

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/08/secret-knock-detecting-workshop-doo.html
Thanks for that--someone asked me a while back if I could make them a hidden room and I've been trying to figure out a lock for it ever since that didn't involve using a remote control.
Add pictures here
✖

You might consider a hidden magnetic touch latch. Although, one might argue that it could also be considered a type of remote control. http://www.leevalley.com/en/hardware/page.aspx?p@353&cat=3,41399,41403
Add pictures here
✖
"Edward Hennessey" wrote in message

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/10/brass-and-wood-pressure-door-with-i.html > Nice peephole.
Cool. But it's also a hell of a trip hazard.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:50:22 -0700, "Edward Hennessey"

OutSTANDING!
-- Make up your mind to act decidedly and take the consequences. No good is ever done in this world by hesitation. -- Thomas H. Huxley
Add pictures here
✖
Well done.
I have some large bronze - high quality bronze - portholes.
Wartime versions - the 'glass' is crystal. Crystal was safer from shattering. It was also easier to make without the week or so of glass cooling.
Martin
On 4/26/2011 11:50 AM, Edward Hennessey wrote:

http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/10/brass-and-wood-pressure-door-with-i.html
Add pictures here
✖
Now *that's* steampunk!