Subgroups? Mature tight pine....what to DO.

I've got a couple of old pine beams - 5 and fighvaighths square - and I'd like to make some fucntional art out of them. My initial thought was to sculpt some icicles but now I'm game for a simple ashtray or something.
This ng is way busy. Are there any subgroups or other forums that cater to a smaller crowd?
JP

Indeed - but at least you have the right newsreader, just be brutal in your use of "Ignore Thread"

Yes try alt.woodworking.waistsize<36inches or alt.woodworking.fivefootfive Much less traffic on them, especially the first one. They kicked my ass out after only one post.
wrote in message

Hand carved toothpicks. One per beam at the most.
bill

Many years ago I ran what might have been the last poll about if this group should split. It failed. But people being people, well, the turners formed r.c.woodturning and the Neader's formed an e-mail list, and.... I started out neutral on the subject and ended up in favor. If we had done an intelligent split then, of well.
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org

They did? any idea where I could find such a beast?
Peter

Thanks, I found that yesterday after a long trudge through links from an initial google search. It would be nice if there were a link to it on the rec.woodworking faq.
Peter