SU "Trick of the day"

I taught myself this little trick today. I have already used it a second time--so now it's a "technique" (which I like):

Put a "dimension" label on an edge of a side before you push or pull a face, and you can watch the length of the side change "dynamically" (i.e. as you push/pull). I guess if you're a super-excellent SU-user (like Swingman or Leon) then you model your lengths right the first time and won't need to do this very often (only when you modify an existing model).

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Ah, so you have found out that dimension lines and their extensions are associative. A very handy feature of many drawing programs.

I use dimensions mostly to confirm sizes when creating a drawing, especially on components that must remain a specific size. I am immediately aware if I accidentally change that dimension when editing. And as you are now aware this is handy to confirm resizing of a component.

Reply to
Leon