stupid people are the best

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&itema35735271&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
Paid $145 for a plane offered by woodcraft for $84. Wonder if he wants anymore tools. I have a crappy stanley block plane I'll let go for $100, only cost me $25 but he seems to have more money than sense.
johnny rotten wrote:

I have a last year's model Crapsman TS I'll sell him for $900, and I have a bunch of American classic genuine vintage horked up screwedrivers I'll sell him for $25 apiece, except for the one I bent completely in half, which I'll have to let go for $50 because it's a distressed antique.

1) What material and colour is the handle? 2) Do you only have one? 3) Could you send me a picture? 4) I am prepared to pay up to $250.00, but seeing as I have learned bargaining skills, I have to ask you if you will take $45.00?
There is an old Dilbert where the boss says their target market consists of stupid shy people. They have to be stupid to buy it, and they have to be shy to not complain when it is defective.
Half the people on eBay are in that demographic, thankfully.

instead of when I'm trying to *buy* it.
johnny rotten wrote:

I don't usually post about live ebay auctions, but I wouldn't want any of you to miss out on: item 4342343769
[http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 784&itemC42343769]
Or, you could pay retail: [http://www.prairieriverwoodworking.com/products.asp?parid1 ]
You would have to buy the two pieces separately if you go the retail route.
Happy bidding!
Eric T

And "Big Leroy" is apparently familiar with the Prairie River site since the picture and at least the first two sentences of the auction description are direct copies of the Prairie River ad. (Or they both "borrowed" from someone else.)
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
Tom Veatch wrote:

I know. I suspect the latter. Prairie River has this ad in print too. It seems like some sort of trademark issue. They do not ever call it the Duginske Fast Trak and they clearanced some of his items for the new Kreg stuff. But, they offer Mark Duginske Woodworking Classes. I wonder if he is the instructor.
I haven't been keeping up with the auction. Did anyone here pounce on it?
Eric

I just bought a Jointech? feather board from ol' Leroy.. nice guy to work with..
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 17:46:38 GMT, "johnny rotten"

Ah, you're confused. You're thinking of the woodcraft model, but you can tell from the picture this is the much rarer tfarcdoow version. It's a steal at that price.
-Leuf