Stupid machining mistake #1251428473

While cleaning up, I found an older model of a PDA stylus that's mo longer made. The only difference it has from the newer model I currently use is the length. =20

So, I unscrew the plastic tips, confirm that the ends are threaded depply enough, and proceed to the lathe. Some measuring with my calipers reveals that I have to shorten the old one 0.155"

I chuck it, zero the feed dial, and bring the cutter to contact the end of the 1.8" dia stainless tube and carefully feed in 0.155". A quick deburring, and it's out of the chuck and looking way to short.... I had shortened the short one.. D'OH!

-- Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.

Reply to
Doug Warner

A quick deburring, and it's out of the chuck and looking way to short.... I had shortened the short one.. D'OH! ===========

You obviously have too many precision tools to make such mistakes. If you'd stick to basics like a flat mill file like me, you might not feel so bad.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob