Stuck Craftsman chest drawer

I've got a stuck drawer on my Craftsman tool chest -- something in the bottom drawer is sticking up and keeping me from closing the one on top of it or opening it to where I can get into it. I know there is a way to remove the drawer from it's slides, but darned if I can see how. Can someone out the give me some help?

Reply to
Herb Robinson

Pull the drawer that will come out fully to its stops and look at the sides of the slides. There is an opening that reveals the bent out "ear" portion of the drawer. This bent out ear needs to be pushed in fully with a screw driver so that the slide will release the drawer.

Bend the ear back out before remounting the drawer so that it will again stop the drawer from coming all the way out unexpectedly.

Reply to
Leon

And if that does not work-

I recall that my CM chest had to have the top open to pull out the lower drawers. There was some kind of mechanism that would not allow the bottom drawers to open unless the top was up/open.

Reply to
Perfection In Wood

Pull the drawer out a small amount so you can push in the tab within the front part of the slide, and you may need to open the drawer(s) above at the same time, which is where the item(s) are stuck athe the back, poking up, running into the upper drawer?

Reply to
bent