Structural foam sign

For a friend, by a friend. Carved on my router, Corian (black) and (dark blue) appliqués. Silver leaf and paint skillfully applied by my friend, a local sign artist.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/MIGsign.jpg
Add pictures here
✖
Farking cool!
How big is your router bed?
On Sat, 30 May 2009 16:47:09 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Regards,
✖

50" x 100" General/Gorilla with a 3HP Elte spindle. (psssst...bought it to do undermount sink cut-outs in solid surface countertops..*chuckles*)
Add pictures here
✖
Robatoy wrote:

Looks great! I bet the owner wants perfection being an engineer. Those guys can be so anal! Can you explain how you did it?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

I took a sketch that the owner did, a rough outline of what he wanted with "the feel of the company logo" He is in all aspects 'an engineer' and wanted a 'mechanical' look. I then created the file in Adobe Illustrator, exported it to Vectric Aspire and created the tool-paths. First I cut the foam
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/MIGfoam.jpg then the Corian. Then my buddy painted it.
Add pictures here
✖
For a friend, by a friend. Carved on my router, Corian (black) and (dark blue) appliqués. Silver leaf and paint skillfully applied by my friend, a local sign artist.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/MIGsign.jpg
============================================= Looks good! I hope you got a dinner out of it. (Or even got paid for it.)
Add pictures here
✖

It was a trade. His boys helpe me with two quartz countertop installations. 975# for one, 1375# for the other... so I guess I made a few hundred.
Add pictures here
✖

You'd make more money if you had fewer friends. ;)
✖
For a friend, by a friend. Carved on my router, Corian (black) and (dark blue) appliqués. Silver leaf and paint skillfully applied by my friend, a local sign artist.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/MIGsign.jpg
You should double the price in 2010 when the sign no longer applies....
and again in 2011....2012.... etc.....
jc
Add pictures here
✖