Structural foam sign

For a friend, by a friend. Carved on my router, Corian (black) and (dark blue) appliqu=E9s. Silver leaf and paint skillfully applied by my friend, a local sign artist.

Robatoy

Farking cool!

How big is your router bed?

Tom Watson

can be so anal! Can you explain how you did it?

Reply to
evodawg

good! I hope you got a dinner out of it. (Or even got paid for it.)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

50" x 100" General/Gorilla with a 3HP Elte spindle. (psssst...bought it to do undermount sink cut-outs in solid surface countertops..*chuckles*)
Reply to
Robatoy

I took a sketch that the owner did, a rough outline of what he wanted with "the feel of the company logo" He is in all aspects 'an engineer' and wanted a 'mechanical' look. I then created the file in Adobe Illustrator, exported it to Vectric Aspire and created the tool-paths. First I cut the foam

the Corian. Then my buddy painted it.

Reply to
Robatoy

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

It was a trade. His boys helpe me with two quartz countertop installations. 975# for one, 1375# for the other... so I guess I made a few hundred.

Reply to
Robatoy

You'd make more money if you had fewer friends. ;)

RicodJour

should double the price in 2010 when the sign no longer applies....

and again in 2011....2012.... etc.....

jc

Reply to
Joe