Strange Thought Today

What would be wrong with building a torsion box cutting board? It would be much lighter, which would be novel. It would be less likely to warp and crack. It would be cheaper. What am I missing?
Plans, man! You need plans!!>Subject: Strange Thought Today

Someday, it'll all be over....
Cheaper? More time and materials I think. What am I missing? Cheers, JG
Bruce wrote:

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 05:35:11 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Bruce) wrote:

How big (thick) is a cutting board? I doubt cheaper, and certainly more bulky to store it away.
In addition to a lot of wasted effort, I would be concerned about moisture entering the hollow areas and turning sour.
-- Bill Pounds http://www.bill.pounds.net/woodshop

And also much more likely to dance around on the counter. I like my cutting boards to have some mass.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Bruce wrote:

Meat cleaver ring a bell? Ever seen a meat tenderizer hammer? You do have to wash them off and sometimes even soak them before scrubbing. Get water inside the torsion box - even through a pin hole and ...
charlie b