Strange Thought Today

What would be wrong with building a torsion box cutting board? It would be much lighter, which would be novel. It would be less likely to warp and crack. It would be cheaper. What am I missing?

Reply to
Bruce

Plans, man! You need plans!!>Subject: Strange Thought Today

v Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

Reply to
JGS

How big (thick) is a cutting board? I doubt cheaper, and certainly more bulky to store it away.

Reply to
Phisherman

In addition to a lot of wasted effort, I would be concerned about moisture entering the hollow areas and turning sour.

Reply to
Pounds on Wood

And also much more likely to dance around on the counter. I like my cutting boards to have some mass.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Meat cleaver ring a bell? Ever seen a meat tenderizer hammer? You do have to wash them off and sometimes even soak them before scrubbing. Get water inside the torsion box - even through a pin hole and ...

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b