Straightening S2S boards on the Table Saw

Page 2 of 2

BTY, Much cheaper here
http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/ProductID/SATC11

Morris,
I love how you used pocket screws on an item that most of us consider shop furniture :) By the way, nice outfeed table! You have given me some great ideas on attaching my future one to the back of my unisaw.
As always, thanks for contributing.
Steve
Hammer Hands wrote:

I need for someone to chime in here. I know I've seen a drop-leaf outfeed table on at least one one of the regulars' web sites - and I think Steve needs to take a look.

It's my way of trying to get even for all the help that I've received, and I'm still pretty far behind...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Frank, you might find that if you make the jig/sled long enough you may prefer to use it over the jointer. I get joints that close up perfectly with no clamps.
"Leon" wrote:

Adding "Swing's" technique of end for end cuts from board to board produces complimentary cut faces that cancel any blade angle error, thus insuring a tight cut face fit.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I've always numbered each edge to be jointed 1 to whatever and when jointing even #'s are face against the fence (in), odd #'s are face away from the fence (out). This way your joint is guaranteed to be a perfect 90 degrees, even if the fence isn't a perfect 90. In fact, you get a bigger gluing surface if the fence is not a perfect 90. With a table saw you would do the same thing, alternating face up and face down, eliminating any worry about your blade being a perfect 90 to the table.
Also, like Leon, I've found little need to joint an edge to prepare for glue up. I discovered once when making something unimportant and was using a 12 tooth blade, and glued it up rough as hell and it was close to perfect. I still use the jointer because it is there and handy, but would have zero problems jointing right from the table saw with a 40 tooth.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com