Storing sanding discs ideas

Anyone got any good tips or methods for storing sanding discs? Yeah I know I could just drop them in a box but Im setting up a brand new shop and I thought something better would be in line for what Im doing here.

Thanks!

Jim

-- ....

Reply to
James D Kountz

Have you any of the old 5.25" floppy disk storage cases stashed away somewhere?

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

What kind of sanding disks and what size? My 8 hole H&L I put on a board with 4 dowels so I can press the ROS to it and pick up a new disk. Makes changing disks very quick and easy. The rest I just keep in the boxes they cane in, I buy boxes of 50. My 1 or 2 cents. Al

Reply to
Al in WA

Wally World Tupperware containers.

Reply to
Morgans

Yup. I use a lot of Rubbermaid and Sterilite containers in my shop. Target often has excellent sales on these. Stackable & dust proof. Best part is you can SEE what's inside the container which is a big plus for items not used very often. Some of us can hide our own Easter eggs... ;-)

Robert

Reply to
2manytoyz

There was an article in last month's Wood magazine about a neat holder. It was basically a flat board with dowels on it to hold them and make it easy to align the dust holes by just setting the sander down over the tapered dowels. It was setup for 3 grits.

Reply to
Bruce

Sounds like a nice reason to build something to hang on the wall. This one stores my H&L, along with sheets and big disks for 12" sander, along with two cordless drills and their chargers. Wish I'd made a small drawer for the Kreg bits and square head drivers as well as phillips head bits.

Charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Why don't you shove them up your asshole. What does this have to do with actual woodworking? You should have marked this thread as [OT}.

Reply to
BRuce

snipped-for-privacy@NJGolf.Net (BRuce) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

ok, took a while to decide but....

PLONK.

Reply to
stickdoctorq

I use an old filing cabinet I got for next to nothing at a surplus auction years ago. I find the hanging folders perfect for filing sandpaper sheets & disks by grit.

It also contains: machinery & equipment manuals, receipts, warrantees; drawings & notes from old projects, current projects & wishful thinking; plastic drafting triangles; catalogs; and assorted paper that would otherwise clutter up the shop.

Art

Reply to
Wood Butcher

Just want to say thanks to all the offered suggestions, Ive got enough good ideas now I should be able to come up with something workable!

Jim

PS. Been in this group for a little over a week now and already had to PLONK several dimwits. Sad isnt it?

Reply to
James D Kountz

Reply to
Jim K

Here's another suggestion....Remember those wire racks used to hold phonograph records? Nuff said?

I think this one's worth a nickel. :-) Joe

Reply to
kb8qlr