Storing lumber

Just got my hands on about 1000 BF of old growth fir off of a 1930's farm shed. Shiplap 7". problem is that I need to store it outside. This stuff has been weathered for the past 70+ years so thats not a problem. can i store it on it's long edge ie IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII or should I store it flat with spacers? i'm worried about potential twist. thanks

Reply to
Mcgyver

Mcgyver asks:

Flat, use stickers NO MORE than 24" apart. Cover top (sheet metal roofing works well) and weight with cement blocks.

Charlie Self "Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common." Satchel Paige

Reply to
Charlie Self

One other suggestion, make sure the ground you store it on is flat, if you don't your wood will take the shape of the incline/twist in the ground.

Reply to
Rumpty