Storage solutions?

Page 3 of 3
Swingman wrote:

But the fires drive down the humidity even more. Win win. Right? :-)

Just don't send any of those fine wooden handled tools over there...
Puckdropper

the
May I inquire as to why you need to store all your tools?
Reminds me of when I put most of my big tools (table saw, router, work bench ect.) into public storage in 1994. At the rental rate of $100 a month, it wasn't until four years later that I emptied the rental storage just to get out from under the cost. I spent nearly $5000 on that storage rental, frequently thinking about what my father once told me. "You don't sell your tools" he said. With what I spent on rental costs holding onto those tools, I could have bought similar new tools twice over. What a waste!
"Upscale" wrote

In a word, "subsidence", with the attendant flood waters during heavy rains, due to the proximity of new construction, and with regard to drainage of same, something not unheard of in urban areas on the Gulf Coast.
The shop building itself is 60 years old, in a neighborhood of that age, but with upscale houses of newer vintage, and I have contributed to the problem myself, to some financial advantage, so pity is most definitely unwarranted.

Storage costs thus far are twice that ... you may have a point, except that, like your Dad, I will NOT sell my tools (only death will us part)
And mainly because I'm convinced that "Made in China" is, indeed, a WARNING LABEL!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08