Storage Shed

Page 3 of 3
Only one state has more water - Alaska. We have lots of lakes.
We might have had more if the Trinity River Authority was approved but that died in the 70's IIRC. Such is life - short sighted types didn't think future much at all.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote:

Since Michigan is bordered by Lake Michigan, Lake Superior and Lake Huron, they might be tempted to challenge the above.
Add in L Erie & L Ontario and you have 25% of the world's supply of fresh water.
Lew

We spend our winters in TX these days, and I'm afraid the only cure is one we specify for idiocy, "it comes in calibers". (R,D&H)
Seriously, we don't just spend time there, we've transferred our residence to Longview. Can't claim "native Texan" status, but we're becoming assimilated.
BTW - Leon, give me a jingle on the email, this has my correct address.
Norm
Nahmie wrote:

One often sees the bumper sticker: "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here soon as I could"

Absolutely NOT!
Fortunately, if you survive the first 5 years you come out a little taller, more handsome/beautiful, and so much smarter.
At least that is what those that move here say. ;~)

Yeah I cannot agree with that analagy, A shed needs to be weather proof, and you have to walk inside of it, and you need it to be strong enough to withstand hard winds, and it needs to stay level, and...... You might ask a Nascar chief to "repair" a tire and get a blank stare.
Leon wrote:

Ask your average framer to build a chest of drawers and ask a fine furniture maker to build a shed.
Which do you think is going to turn out better?
--

-MIKE-

I know where you are going here but we are talking about inside and outside projects. They both peresent a totally different set of problems. Typically furniture does not have to be protected from wind, rain, direct sunshine, critters, bugs, etc. Answering your question, the farmers chest of drawers will not look as nice today, it will look 100 times better than the furniture builders shed, 30 years from now.
Leon wrote:

Please.
I'm thinking you just like to argue. :-)
--

-MIKE-

Pot kettle black much?