Storage Shed

Page 2 of 2

We have an expensive housing development across the road from us. They came in to our natural forested area, logged off all the trees, put in paved drives and gigantic gates, banged up some huge million dollar homes, and are currently building a monstrosity about 100 feet from us that sits up on the hill staring down at everything we do.
Since the development started going in, virtually all of the wildlife we used to enjoy has disappeared, and our rural country home now sits in the shadows of a mansion. Not to mention the sudden increase in our property value and the associated tax increases.
Of course, "THEY" have restrictions on what the owners can and can't do so they don't detract from the "neighborhood". Yeah right... We wouldn't want to offend the neighbors... I guess us folks down here in the servants quarters don't matter. :)
Anthony
1. I'd make the shed 8' tall. 2. I'd skip on the tyvec unless you have extreme weather in your area. 3. I'd pour the slab with the edges thickend to at least 18" and use 3 anchor bolts embedded in the concrete per side ( 4 on the door side ). 4. Be sure to follow the "shear" nailing requirements for the sheathing on the structure corners. Use a full sheet of plywood at the corners.
Just my 2 cents.