Stopper-block with Cross-cut sled?

For those that use a stopper-block on your x-cut sled for repeat cuts, do you ever have problems with the cut piece binding between the blade and the block as you pull the sled back from the blade? Chipping? Just curious.
JP

I never oull the pice back after the cut, I always take it away behind the blade, except for stopped cuts, where I usually encounter no problems. But the my saw has a sliding table and no cross cut sled.
"Jay Pique" wrote in message

Best not to do that at all ... but ...
... if you must, but only if the parts are small enough, take a page from David Marks and, with your hand resting on the fence, use the eraser end of a long pencil to hold the "cut piece" firmly down when pulling the sled back.
The pencil eraser trick also works to move small cutoff's out of the way, either before you pull the sled back, or after, so that your hands stay comfortably away from the blade.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06