Stirring Watco?

    I'm applying Watco clear wiping poly to the cherry entertainment center after applying Danish oil. [currently doing the door panels so I can assemble the doors]. The instructions on the Watco can say to stir (not shake) before using. Given that these are 1 quart cans with a standard screw cap, stirring is an interesting process. <http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM 2-460>
    Are there really elements that separate out of clear Watco, or is this a carry-over from the colored Watcos?
Likely a carryover, but I always "stir" the Minwax variety by agitating the can. Invert a few times and don't worry. It's thin, you're using a rag, and there's always sandpaper.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I have been stirring with a thin stick and have seen no issues in the results.

I just applied some Watco that I think has been sitting for 10 years. I shook it a couple of times and used it. No problem.
I no longer use Watco, but used gallons of it over the years, I never stirred, just shook a little and poured it out. I never had a problem of settling.
--
Rumpty

The OP was talking about the wiping Poly. I imagine you and others are referring to the "Danish oil" variant.
WATCO is now back to the phenolic resin? Haven't used it since formula changed the first time.

I stir it. The main reason is I don't want any residual chunks that may have formed on the bottom ending up on my rag or brush. YMMV. SH