Stirling engine runs on coffee

Page 2 of 2
Doug,

Thanks for the better translation. There seems to be enough room for improvement in translation software, tho it has gotten a lot better over the years.
I was just pointing out the amusing sentence structure and context. Certainly, human translators are still needed but machines can help out.
MJ Wallace

In my youth, I lived in Germany for a while. Laughing at the structure of the German language, as it contrasted with the English (?) learned as a California kid of the Sixties, was a common source of amusement.
Only for the differences. California English is almost as strange as the German.
Patriarch, German on two grandparents' lines...

So how did I do on the translation? I'm assuming that means you know the language better than I.

Ever read Mark Twain's piece "The Awful German Language"? I think you'd enjoy it.

All four for me...
--
Regards,
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in

I thought the translation you offered was just fine. How the words came to be is part of the charm of the tradespersons' tongue.
And my German is 35 years from everyday use. Some rust doesn't respond to Boeshield.
Patriarch

Thanks -- I thought I had it pretty well, but I wasn't quite sure.

LOL!
--
Regards,
The best German word I ever heard was Eisenbahnhinundherschiebershauschen (sorry, I believe there is an a-umlaut there somewhere - too lazy to look it up).

<samsoltan_48323atyahoodotcom> wrote:

http://www.astromedia.de /
22 Euros

--