Still Need Help on Repairing Rocking Chair

I have two old rocking chairs (1930 and 1940's), each with rocker broken from the upright spindle. I need to know how to replace/repair the spindle to the rocker. I've read somewhere about using a dowel between the rocker and spindle but I'm not sure of exactly how the process went nor am I confident that there would be strength at the point - I would like to use the rockers. Help would be appreciated.

Jim Pettway

Reply to
Jim Pettway

nospambob