Stihl chainsaw aftermarket parts?

I just picked up a used Stihl 029 chain saw with new chain, but low compression. It runs, but the compression is low due to the scratched up piston / cylinder. =20

Has anyone used one of these aftermarket culinder/piston kits:

price is right, but I'm wondering if the quality is up to par with the original parts.

Doug Warner

Yes Doug, people use em, and with very good luck as well , there an article on the spaltedboard about it ,if you cant find it ping me..

I just picked up a used Stihl 029 chain saw with new chain, but low compression. It runs, but the compression is low due to the scratched up piston / cylinder.

Has anyone used one of these aftermarket culinder/piston kits:

price is right, but I'm wondering if the quality is up to par with the original parts.

martin

I don't know that particular kit, but how much more would the real Stihl parts be? They have a stellar reputation for a good reason, I'd hate to bolt something on to it that would degrade the high quality saw.

Dave "Husqvarna man myself..." Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz