Stickley/Ellis Mission oak bookcase (1902)

eBay: http://301url.com/Bookcase_1902
"Jan" wrote in message

Merci ... just the pictures alone were worth capturing for future reference! Those interested in this period furniture should definitely follow the link to the old sideboard also.
Much obliged for the heads-up.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message

To tell the truth, I'm not that greatly impressed with either piece, but they do have a certain "cachet" that comes with the sticker ... providing they are indeed the real thing, which they appear to be from the photos.
My bet is that the doors are missing on the sideboard. I've seen, and collected photos, on literally hundreds of sideboards and have not seen one without doors ... but being no "expert", take that with a grain of sawdust.
That said, the hardware alone on both pieces is worth is a good bit itself.
In any event, it makes me further appreciate my latest attempt at a sideboard, even if it was a "quickie".
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07

Good eye

Highest bid $19,977.50 - reserve not met
"Jan" wrote in message

I would of thought that the #708 Writing Desk (top of the same page) would be worth more.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07