Stickley_Bed_Progress

I managed to get a few hours in the WoodShop today! I bought myself a small propane heater to keep the digits warm!
I have a couple in-progress pictures at my webpage of a Harvey Ellis Stickley Bed I am making. I got most of the measurements from a queen sized version at Stickley and used CAD to make the necessary changes for a king.
Have a look:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Ellis_Mission_Bed.htm
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

That is looking good. I need to hide that from the wife. Headboard is on the to do list which means I might get it done sometime. I started an entertainment center maybe 3 or more years ago. Well I did get the face frame glue on to the carcass finally. Yesterday I ripped the pieces for the doors. I need to resaw the oak for the insert panels but frame sections first.
A few years ago I did suffer a bit of bowing on some of the oak so now I have a scrap pile of long pieces that might have some good short sections.That bowing really annoyed me more than it should have. I stopped the project for a long bit.
I do tend to plane both sides of the wood. Maybe it is because I read that you might get bowing on on the face if you don't. I may have also read that a properly seasoned or dried piece of wood should not bow. The oak I have left to work with was KD. It has been sitting in the basement for a few years now and should be equalized to the house. The basement is conditioned like the rest of the house although a bit colder due to two uninsulated concrete walls that have 3-4 out of the earth.
Silly question. Is that regular old chalk like we used in school growing up? It does not look like dry erase that they use these days. I have not looked for chalk but I wanted some yesterday. What stores carry chalk?

I stold the chalk from my 4y olds chalk board. It is plain old kid chalk that they sell at ToysRUs.

No friends with 4 year olds. To the toy store I go one day if they don't have a stick at Highland Woodworking. HW is a much better toy store for me anyway.
Somebody wrote:
> I have not looked for chalk but I wanted some yesterday. What stores > carry chalk?
I just got a box at Office Depot.
Lew
Jim Behning wrote:

In a former life I was a teacher. They frequent specialized stores where they can get several colors of the stuff, but you might also find some in an office supply store or, if you want the bigger pieces, a local "Dollar Mart".
Bill
rascal less in the world.
I guess I was being too lazy. I will try some stores tomorrow if I have the free time.