Sticking Hole Saw

I mounted a 2" hole saw assembly in my drill press and proceeded to drill a hole through 3/4" poplar. As I applied pressure during the cut the saw would bind in the hole forcing me to constantly back out. Is there something I can buy to rub or spray on the saw to prevent this? Something that will still allow me to stain the piece after completing the cut?
Fred
TopCote

Fred, Use a frostner bit. Drill from the side that will be seen or drill from both side.
Dave

the
the
Lat time I used a holesaw in a DP with Poplar, I remember that the teeth of the saw were clogging because the poplar sawdust was sort of gummy.
Take a small bite, lift up to clear the sawdust, take a small bite, lift up to clear the sawdust...lather, rinse, repeat! :)
A PITA...yes, but it will get you through if you don't have a 2" Forstner bit.

Try first drilling a small (1/4 inch) hole inside of and tangent to the cut of the hole saw. This provides a place for sawdust to accumulate rather than just jamming up the saw cut. Not my idea but I've tried it and it works for me.
David Merrill

I had trouble with hole saws cutting slow and burning. Topcote helped tremendously. wd-40 worked better, but it messes up the wood.
Preston

A file:)