Stickers

Page 3 of 3
On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 00:52:54 -0500, Silvan

silvan you should know better than to wage a war of wits with an idiot. :-}
snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

I should know better than a lot of things.
Scott Cramer wrote:

sound
Are you trying to imply that Bay Area Dave, BAD DAVE of all people, ripped something off from a web site, failed to give proper attribution of the source, and then tried to fool people into thinking he actually had something useful to contribute?
Unfathomable, surely. He must be the person who wrote the text featured on the source web site. Yes, certainly, that's the only explanation that makes sense. Our beloved Dave would never do such an unthinkable thing after all.
if I was trying to fool you, do you think I'd have cut/pasted the entire passage in it's original form? sigh. anyone with half their brain tied behind their back (and NOT on pain killers) would know that I couldn't possibly have typed all info myself.
dave
Silvan wrote:

I wonder what miscreant you most admire. You are doing a great job of copying their juvenile manner.
dave
Silvan wrote:
snip
Disagree. Rather have a sticker that would draw away moisture, helping prevent sticker stain. That's why you use dry wood for stickers. Something non-porous like acrylic would tend to keep the contact area moist, allowing mildew.
Also, it's not effective to end coat any wood you get from the yard, the checks are already established, unless it is absolutely freshly trimmed at the ends. That's why they cut it long - more cost effective.

is
Also
Obviously you have never heard of Durastick.
However, Brian should probably modify his acrylic as suggested at: http://www.durastick.com/index.cfm
-Doug

Nope, have now. Still say, as do they, that when air-drying, want stickers that don't hold water. And mildew is still mildew.

moist,

The basic requirements for stickers are that they be straight, flat, and dry. Acrylic meets all of those requirements.
The best air circulation is achieved with a sticker thickness around 1" (3/4" is OK). Having a specific thickness is less important than making sure that all of your stickers are the *same* thickness.