Stickers

Here's some info on prices - note the date but should give a good base line. SW is famous for screwing around with prices.
I'm switching suppliers but I haven't run out of old product yet.
My bitch with them was about pricing - not about quality.
The best people to talk to are the industrial coatings reps. They know a lot more than the store guys.
SPRAY FINISHING COSTS. (September 14, 2000 via phone to Sherwin Williams.
(Prices based on five gallon containers except where *)
    SHERWOOD 24% SOLIDS FINISHING LACQUER (T75C40 gloss).26.25 per gal     SHERWOOD GP LACQUER TOPCOAT (T72CC9 gloss).19.45     SHERWOOD HIBILD LACQUER (T70CT1 gloss).19.15     R7K27 RETARDER THINNER. 20.75 *     R6K25 BUTYL CELLOSOLVE. 21.35 *     SHERWOOD GP LACQUER SANDING SEALER (T62FC29).18.85     SHERWOOD LACQUER SANDING SEALER (T60F20).23.15     SHERWOOD UNIVERSAL DYE CONCENTRATES. (S61).     R7K119 LACQUER THINNER. 6.15     R7K120 LACQUER THINNER. 7.05     R7K322 HAPS COMPLIANT LACQUER THINNER. T67F3VINYL SEALER. 25.00 T7735 PRE CAT LACQUER (they put cat in) 19.00
thanks, Tom. the guy I got on the phone this AM WAS the coatings guy. the store guy was pretty much clueless so he gave me the other fellow's cell phone number. that's why I gotta wait until he makes it to the store before I head over there...
are those prices what YOU pay? those aren't their MSRP's are they?
any recommends on specifically waterbornes?
dave
Tom Watson wrote:

Those are the prices I was paying.
I tried the water based finishes about three or four years ago but wasn't satisfied.
I'd be happy to switch but, so far, nothing performs as well or predictably as nitro lacquer.
Maybe it's time for me to try again.
I finally got a hold of someone at SW. He said the waterbornes don't "burn in". I know there are some on the market that will, but I can't find them. I'm trying to get something locally; failing that, (groan) I'll order. do you know a good tough, WB product that burns in?
dave
Tom Watson wrote:

I'd ask Jeff Jewitt at
www.homesteadfinishing.com
He knows his stuff and is available through the forum on the website, or through the sales line 216-631-5309.
I've found him to be a good resource.
Target Coatings Premium Spray Lacquer has 30% solids with 100% burn in per Jeff Weiss and IIRC concurred with by Jeff Jewitt. www.targetcoatings.com Seem to recall Weiss commenting he'll provide samples to commercial shop if requested. Didn't say what products.

Well, BAD, you can plonk me, too, for this, but I learned that when you quote something, you are supposed to acknowledge the source.
todd
todd responds:

We must have gone to different schools together. That was the concept at all those I attended. Attribution, attribution....
Charlie Self
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." Thomas J. Watson
Works for the NYT....

George writes:

Works NEARLY always for any good paper...but there is little defense against an employee who is fairly smart, streetwise and used to lying like a rug, in print and out.
Charlie Self
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." Thomas J. Watson
toddy, you are guilty of plagiarism also. I'm sure at least 1,438 other posters have said the very thing that you just did. I think it only fair that you acknowledge them all. practice what you preach. The next bozo to say the same thing will have to acknowledge 1,439 folks.
have a great day!
dave
todd wrote:

something?

Of course you could have posted and properly cited the source of the information, depriving Cramer and Silvan the opportunity to take a shot at you. And is that really a shot? Silvan speculates (correctly, I might add) that you might have found that information somewhere other than in your own head, and Cramer simply confirmed it (in a mere .12 seconds) Sorry, me thinks the woodworking gods will side against you this time :-)
I know you have a history with Silvan, just plonk him and get it over with.
-Chris
you know you are right! :)
dave
Chris wrote: snip

Bay Area Dave wrote:

No, he's not. At least not as far as I know. I never said anything insulting to or about you until the post in question, and we have no history of enmity. If anything, I've taken your side until recently; given you the benefit of the doubt; even thought of you as something of a kindred spirit, being a fellow smartass and all.
I finally realized what an absolute *asshole* you are when you jumped all over David Eisen. If you noticed a shift in my attitude toward you, that's when it happened. I started looking at you in a new light, and to realize how useless and self-important most of your posts are. When you posted something really thoughtful and articulate, I figured it had to be something you had ripped off from somewhere. Indeed, it was, and unattributed at that. Just further confirmation that I finally know you for you you really are now.
My apologies to those who have criticized me in the past for talking to you. They were right. No, I'm not calling you a troll. You're not a troll, and you're right about that. No, you're an *asshole*.
Go ahead and killfile me. Knock yourself out. I couldn't care less.
why would I plonk you, of all people? with your charm and eloquence I just hang on your every word. You disappoint me that you didn't use up all the four letter words that you undoubtedly know so well. Go ahead, show us all how your potty brain works! I'd rather that YOU plonk ME. Go ahead! Do it! You KNOW you want to! I dare you. No, I DOUBLE dare you!
(ever consider responding to a WW question with an on-topic reply??) just for grins?
dave
Silvan wrote:

Silvan,
haven't you been reading the thread? You need to quote the other 1439 wreckers who've called BAD an *asshole* (I am not sure why he wants to restrict it to only that few but hey, it's not my rule!).
BTW, if you think the plagiarising BAD boy doesn't read the posts of people he's *plonked* - think again. Every now and again I drop an uncommon word into a post and, sure enough, BAD of the limited vocabulary plagiarises it shortly thereafter. For eg, I dropped the word "tripe" into a post and soon after he used it too - for the first time ever. But do you know what's really funny? Because he pretends to ignore the "plonkees" he can't respond without giving himself away, Lol. Reading this, he'll probably pop a vein or two!
Have a seat on the bench with us Silvan, we'll get Odeen (<-OBWW) to shove everyone along a bit while Tom builds another section. This weeks discussion on the bench is "How to build a BAD pinata (and avoid people attempting to hit it before the game officially begins)".
Greg (Moron Bench Founding Member)
OBWW - in this sense is obligatory wood'worker' reference
"Silvan" wrote quite reasonably... <snip>>

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:50:01 -0500, Silvan

Does this mean you're FINALLY going to stop replying to every freakin' thread the fidiot puts up? I thought you and Grogs were smarter than that and would have done so _long_ ago.
-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive --
Larry Jaques wrote:

Sometimes it takes an embarrasing amount of time for me to get a clue...
Listen to daddy Larry, Sliver.
dave