Stick furniture Pics?

I'm trying to find Stick furniture or log furniture pics on the net. purely to get some inspiration on what can be built - Rustically... Being a craftsman but not an artist means that sometimes one needs a bit of help when it comes to design. One more thing... how can I Bleach commercial "Sticks" that have been treated to deter bugs - they have a sick green color to them. (May even ebonise them) Last - when using cutters - how do you set up or make jigs or measuring when making stick furniture. how do you cut your tenons so that things eventually "line-up" - i know some folks use epoxy glue when assembling purely because the rustic techiques are not always very accurate and epoxy helps in taking up the discrepancies in angles etc. snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Snoggerboy

Maybe he needs more salt?

sick green

Reply to
solarman

look at one of the brighter pictures at the bottom. This is all mortise and tenon construction, no fasteners except for the ends of the seat material.

How do you get the joints to line up? The same way you get to Carnegie Hall -- practice. One of our sons does these, and he has put many hours work into the scrap pile.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

If I sat in that chair it would no longer be a stick chair.......can you say fire wood.

Dave

and look at one of the brighter pictures at the bottom. This is all mortise

Reply to
David Babcock

Rockler has these for tenoning, then a good forstener bit would help.

if your talking about green colored wood (pressure treated), not for indoors, or contact with skin as previously advised.

Dave

Reply to
David Babcock

8&offerings_id=6222

Reply to
David Babcock

8&offerings_id=6222

> 8&offerings_id=6222

Reply to
David Babcock

Or go to

and pop "tenon cutters" in the search blank. They're the company that makes them, anyway, or the Veritas division is.

Charlie Self

"In the final choice a soldier's pack is not so heavy as a prisoner's chains." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Reply to
Charlie Self