Steve Thomas, formally of TOH

Page 2 of 3
Jim ...
<<I have a friend that works for Morash. The separation of Steve from this old house was not very amicable. I really can't give details, as I've probably said too much already. I also can not give any proof, or names (it would get my friend into trouble probably).. I can understand if some posters do not believe me (due to no proof), but that's the truth.>>
Far from not believing you, your post only serves to confirm my suspicions that Steve's departure was not as harmonious as the parties involved would have us believe. There was nothing in Steve's demeanor during the Dream Kitchen series which hinted that he was not planning to be back. And the way that both the magazine and the website have "erased" him without so much as a parting word also seems somewhat transparent.
Lee

That's cool, I'm glad you believe me.. I'm just used to anyone on the internet that has unprovable information being grilled and interrogated :) Thus the disclaimer. It was nothing personal.
Dave Boland wrote:

They ran a piece in the NYT.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res 0E12FB395F0C728DDDA00894DB404482
It said he left to pursue sailing and skiing.
Cult of Nurse's wrote:

Do they pay well?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.BARF
On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 07:10:58 -0400, Cult of Nurse's

That link didn't say much:
HOUSE & HOME/STYLE DESK | September 11, 2003, Thursday For This Old Program, An All-Thumbs Host
By HILARY DE VRIES (NYT) 1695 words Late Edition - Final , Section F , Page 1 , Column 3
DISPLAYING FIRST 50 OF 1695 WORDS - IF ignorance is bliss, Kevin O'Connor is one happy man. Last year, he was a new homeowner who couldn't figure out how to strip his wallpaper. Next month he joins Norm Abram, Tom Silva and the rest of the ''This Old House'' team to become their improbable new ... Such...
---------------------------------------------------------- --== EAT RIGHT...KEEP FIT...DIE ANYWAY ==-- http://www.diversify.com/stees.html - Schnazzy Tees online ----------------------------------------------------------
Larry Jaques wrote:

You need to pay for it or go to the library. If you read the Times every day you would have read it. Anyway, you just posted copyrighted material, how do you feel now?
Cult of Nurse's wrote:

Oooo! Larry, I think he/she/it just stuck his/her/its tongue at you.
Anyway, I'm wondering too, how do you feel, now.
Don't bother responding if its later.
UA100

He appeared on NBC's "Today Show" Saturday morning (9/20) to do a long piece on Habitat for Humanity. When they flashed his name on the screen, the text included "DIY Network."
Oh...and he has a new haircut.
Jim Stuyck

Steve has finally got his hair out of his face?? Does he really have a forehead? In those last episodes and on Classic TOH, he looked more like a cartoon character than a show host with that mop of hair!
Dan Harriman Orange, Texas
I was surprised to see Steve Thomas doing a commercial for New York State, I think it was for some historical society. I didn't recognize the face at first with the new trimmed hair, but the voice was unmistakable. The commercial aired about a week ago, I don't remember the network or station.

Dave Boland wrote:

How do we know you're not some kind of stalker?
Dave Boland spaketh...

He got tired of being the TOH coffee boy.
--
McQualude

I think that was stretching his abilities though. I don't really think he ever quite fit in the construction business. He may be intelligent and be a good something or other, but tools never seemed to fit his hands. Ed
wrote in message >

Ed: Maybe not, but I don't think that was his job. Nahm is the expert, while Steve is the host and surrogate homeowner. You know, the guy who can't swing a hammer, just stands around and asks the questions that the audience would like to ask.
Bob
Bob Schmall spaketh...

No, that was Bob Vila and everyone called him an idiot for doing it. Steve was the kid who hung around asking questions and fetching coffee. I don't think the staff ever really respected him, nor did he demand respect from them.
--
McQualude

Geez .. I hate Bob Villa I hate Steve Thomas .. I hate.. I hate ..
Didn't your Grandmothers ever tell you if you had nothing nice to say about someone , Don't say anything at all?
I liked the Show TOH with Both of them , but thought Steve Thomas was the Better of the two . Almost the Perfect Host. If anything I could be Jealous of him .. Smart, good looking, Articulate, famous. And Humble enough to bring someone a coffee..... I thought He was just a Nice guy , a guy you'd like to have a beer with, and his shows were always entertaining to me.
And I'm trying to like the new guy , but he's got big shoes to fill IMHO.
Wingsnaprop said:

My newsreader indicates this is a reply to my post, you didn't quote me but you imply that I stated that I hate Steve Thomas. I don't believe I said that. I would appreciate that you do not misrepresenting what I wrote.
--
McQualude

Sometimes you're just at the end of the queue. Unless you're quoted, it's not you, but a convenient way to get in line.

<<Almost the Perfect Host. If anything I could be Jealous of him .. Smart, good looking, Articulate, famous. And Humble enough to bring someone a coffee.....>>
In that case you're going to love the new guy. He starts his stint as host of Ask This Old House by delivering coffee to Roger, Tommy and Richard.
Lee

Lee Gordon wrote:

Local PBS sta. carried the first episode of the new season last night. New guy seems OK the banter came over good. ...lew...