Steel legs, concrete floor

My Jet contractor's saw has pointy steel legs and my new basement shop is concrete. I don't want to raise the saw too much, but was thinking of putting 1/4in or 1/2in plywood down on top of some anti-slip material. Is there a better way?

Reply to
Benson

Better.....dunno but works on my equipment. Go to a sporting goods store and buy 4 hockey bucks ($1ea). You can drill a recess in the center of each with a Forstner bit so the legs rest in the recess. You could use regular furniture cups (rubber) but I found that they were not heavy-duty enough.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Hockey pucks also make great body lift blocks for Jeeps.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Put a hockey puck under each leg, gives you some vibration absorbtion, and if you scuff it up a bit it is pretty much non-skid as well

John

Reply to
John Crea

How about a mobile base? Then you prevent the slipping and you have mobility too.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA