Steel City Tablesaw

I stopped by the Savannah ToolHouse today and they had the new Steel City model 35601 10" cabinet table saw set up. The 35601 is the lower end model with a 1.75hp 115/230v motor. The same saw is available with a 3hp 220v motor in the identical cabinet (model 35606) but with a magnetic switch. I was very impressed with the fit and finish of the saw. The 35601 closely resembles the Sears hybrid table saw but the fit and finish of the Steel City saw is far superior to the Sears. The castings are all beveled nicely and the grain of the cast iron is finer. The fence is an original design similar to the Shop Fox. Both models are left tilt with 30" right rip and 13" left rip capacities. Both saws have a right extension board covered in black laminate. The ToolHouse is offering the saws for $899 for the 35601 and $999 for the

35606 and offered to throw-in a zero clearance insert and, being local, have no shipping problems to deal with.
Reply to
Bob