steel city table saw on the way!

SO....I have a new Steel City table saw on order and should be delivered soon. This will be my first cabinet saw and my current contractor saw is literally older than I am...and I am not young by any means.

Anyway, it's one of the granite top ones...has anyone out there got one and if so, any tips or tricks to setting it up?

I have indicators and straight edges and feeler gages out the ying-yang...I'm a toolmaker by trade.

It'll be going in a basement on a Steel City mobile base. It's not going mobile because I want it to, but because I have a VERY small shop. 10.5 X 26 and there are lots of other toys...errrr....much needed machinery down there.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Congratulations! I'm envious but can't offer any help.

Ralph

Reply to
Ralph Compton

Congratulations!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Nice buy. Just check\adjust the blade to the miter track and try to get it down below 2 thou alignment front to back. Then set the fence to the same miter track. Then let er rip... pun intended.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

So, you gonna buy us all some cigars?

Congrats.

Reply to
Headless /body

Be careful removing the miter gauge from the T slot - you can crack the granite very easily. Also, that fricker is damn heavy...

Finally, if you want to father any more kids, keep your "boys" away from the top. Saw an article about granite from China being radioactive... NOT kidding...

I have one, and every time I rip a board and lean up against the saw I think to myself: I am treating my prostate prophylactically ;)

enjoy yours, I *love* mine.

Sconnie

Reply to
SconnieRoadie

I got in the habit of pushing the miter gauge and tennon jig off the back of the saw and onto the outfeed table when I remove them and vice versa. This so I don't bugger things up and have good control over them. This technique might be especially useful with the granite top.

Sure sounds like competitive product marketing at work... that or if we are to believe some groups, Obama. ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

All granite is radioactive.

Reply to
Leon

Leon

-MIKE-

products is at play... i.e., your reference from solidsurfacealliance.org. ;~)

The a priori (and a posteriori) solution to this, and myriad other home sourced illnesses, is active air turnover. The tight homes of today need fresh air intakes... Closed up basements full of ground sourced radon are a big problem in some areas. Having a negative-pressure radon management system is demanded in some cases whereas in others the draw from dryers and flame heated appliances (furnaces, boilers, hot water heaters) sucks enough air out of the basement, while drawing in air through gaps (basement windows, sill plates, cracked mortar joints, garage doors, etc.) to keep the levels down. Bath and kitchen power ventilation helps as outside air is pulled into the house via gaps.

If the air replacement is great enough, radiation, allergen and antigen levels don't build up to the point where they present health problem greater than background levels. As such, fresh air intakes with air-to-air heat exchangers are well worth considering in tight homes... that and getting rid of the dogs, cats, gerbils, smokers, bad cooking, carpets, man-made wood products, plastics, polyester fiber fill, woodshops, and other things that out gas and pollute interior air. ;~)

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

You had me at gerbils.

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Steve Turner

--------------------- Sinatra it isn't.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Thank goodness.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Yeah, lead vocal could play an instrument.

Reply to
Leon

No, THIS is a great song.

Just Wondering

"Joy" by Apollo 100:

Sonny

the Radioactive song. I wasn't paying attention.

Reply to
Sonny

rip off of an old Christmas song.

Reply to