steel city drum sander

Anyone have experience with the 55220? It's a 26" dual drum sander. Looks great, also expensive. Looks like the only dealer here in the chicago area is berland's. They're supposed to call me back with the price. If it's $2500 or less, I might opt for that one instead of the performax 22/44. I bet it's a lot more. :-(
I see that steel city also has what looks like a 16/32 clone.
brian
brianlanning wrote:

Oh man. It's $1849. Plus he said he's split the freight with me which would be another $150. So $2000.
http://www.steelcitytoolworks.com/products_tools.cfm?section=2&category &toolU220
485lbs dual drum variable speed feed 3hp 25.5" wide 5 year warrantee
My only compaint is it has a 1/4" minimum stock thickenss. For that I can make a sled.
Assuming the build quality is as good as I hear, these people are really going to hurt grizzly.
brian
brianlanning wrote:

http://www.steelcitytoolworks.com/products_tools.cfm?section=2&category &toolU220
Big brothers, little brothers? One factory with a different sign on every wall?
http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?CD &IDe3
or
http://www.general.ca/pagemach/machines/15250a.html
Picked up the General 24 " last week. Nice machine, smooth as silk.
Tightened up two bolts to hold the power switch, put on the hight adjusting handle and it was ready to go.
Tad under $1900 CDN.
I've got a General table saw and 14 " band saw. Very happy with their products.
LdB
They do look the same. I wonder what makes for the 70# difference? JG

I think that is a 50# difference, 535#'s vs. 485#'s. The difference between shipping weight and net weight.