starting up a furnituremaking buisness

Hi,
I've recently had to relocate and need to change my career. I'm contemplating starting a furniture making business.
I'm curious to know what people's experiences have been. How they started up? If people went from being hobbyist to professionals? How people went about building a client base? Etc.
Thanks
Phil
Thu, Aug 12, 2004, 1:05pm snipped-for-privacy@cogeco.ca (philmfx) who says: Hi, I've recently had to relocate and need to change my career. I'm contemplating starting a furniture making business. I'm curious to know what people's experiences have been. How they started up? If people went from being hobbyist to professionals? How people went about building a client base? Etc.
Impatient are we? I just responded to the same post, with a time 4 minutes after this one. Posts don't always come up instantly. If you don't see a post, it's because your're looking in the wrong place, or it hasn't come up yet. It's just irritating to see two posts on the same material.
JOAT Jesus was a Ford man, that's why he walked everywhere.
FRAGGLE ROCK THEME http://www.muppetsonline.com/midi/fraggle.mid