Starter scroll saw.

Dewalt 788 is nice, BUT $419. What else is there that will do the job of a beginner around 200/250 range. Yeah, I know, "cry once...." Thanks for the input.

Reply to
Rick Samuel

Where are you? I have an old Sears I want to get rid of and it's even less than you're talking about. I'm in NE FL.

Reply to
LRod

Mon, Mar 19, 2007, 10:10pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@moment.net (Rick=A0Samuel) cheaply souts: Dewalt 788 is nice, BUT $419.=A0=A0What else is there that will do the job of a beginner around 200/250 range.=A0 Yeah, I know, "cry once...."=A0 Thanks for the input.=A0=A0

Last I looked Sears had a variable speed for around $175. I got one a few years ago, don't know if they were changing models, getting rid of the old stock or what. Cost me about $35 and works like a charm. That's new, in an unopened box, out of thestore. I knew I'd seen some in the sore earlier at about $150, and I even asked if the price was correct, when I was assurred it was, I grabbed one and walked rapidly out the door. A few days late they had a very slightly different model stoced for about $175. Check your local bargan papers.

JOAT Custom philosophizing done. No job too small; must be indoor work, with no heavy lifting.

Reply to
J T

"J T" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3331.bay.webtv.net... Mon, Mar 19, 2007, 10:10pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@moment.net (Rick Samuel) cheaply souts: Dewalt 788 is nice, BUT $419. What else is there that will do the job of a beginner around 200/250 range. Yeah, I know, "cry once...." Thanks for the input.

Last I looked Sears had a variable speed for around $175. I got one a few years ago, don't know if they were changing models, getting rid of the old stock or what. Cost me about $35 and works like a charm. That's new, in an unopened box, out of thestore. I knew I'd seen some in the sore earlier at about $150, and I even asked if the price was correct, when I was assurred it was, I grabbed one and walked rapidly out the door. A few days late they had a very slightly different model stoced for about $175. Check your local bargan papers.

Check out the Delta varible speed saw. I got one for 139 bucks.

Reply to
Will

Where are you? I have an old Sears I want to get rid of and it's even less than you're talking about. I'm in NE FL.

Reply to
Rick Samuel

There are units with cast iron table under $200, more under $300.

Does that meet your needs?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett