Starter scroll saw.

Dewalt 788 is nice, BUT $419. What else is there that will do the job of a beginner around 200/250 range. Yeah, I know, "cry once...." Thanks for the input.

Where are you? I have an old Sears I want to get rid of and it's even less than you're talking about. I'm in NE FL.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
In cen. Tx. Too far, but thanks
Dewalt 788 is nice, BUT $419.&nbsp; What else is there that will do the job of a <BR>&gt;beginner around 200/250 range.&nbsp; Yeah, I know, "cry once...."&nbsp; Thanks <BR>&gt;for the input.&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR><BR>Where are you? I have an old Sears I want to get rid of and it's even<BR>less than you're talking about. I'm in NE FL.<BR><BR>-- <BR>LRod<BR><BR>Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite<BR><BR>Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999<BR><BR><A href="http://www.woodbutcher.net ">http://www.woodbutcher.net </A> <BR><BR>Proud participant of rec.woodworking since February, 1997<BR><BR>email addy de-spam-ified due to 1,000 spams per month. <BR>If you can't figure out how to use it, I probably wouldn't <BR>care to correspond with you anyway.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Rick Samuel wrote:

There are units with cast iron table under $200, more under $300.
Does that meet your needs?
Lew
Mon, Mar 19, 2007, 10:10pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@moment.net (RickSamuel) cheaply souts: Dewalt 788 is nice, BUT $419.What else is there that will do the job of a beginner around 200/250 range. Yeah, I know, "cry once...." Thanks for the input.
Last I looked Sears had a variable speed for around $175. I got one a few years ago, don't know if they were changing models, getting rid of the old stock or what. Cost me about $35 and works like a charm. That's new, in an unopened box, out of thestore. I knew I'd seen some in the sore earlier at about $150, and I even asked if the price was correct, when I was assurred it was, I grabbed one and walked rapidly out the door. A few days late they had a very slightly different model stoced for about $175. Check your local bargan papers.
JOAT Custom philosophizing done. No job too small; must be indoor work, with no heavy lifting.
(Rick Samuel) cheaply souts: Dewalt 788 is nice, BUT $419. What else is there that will do the job of a beginner around 200/250 range. Yeah, I know, "cry once...." Thanks for the input.
Last I looked Sears had a variable speed for around $175. I got one a few years ago, don't know if they were changing models, getting rid of the old stock or what. Cost me about $35 and works like a charm. That's new, in an unopened box, out of thestore. I knew I'd seen some in the sore earlier at about $150, and I even asked if the price was correct, when I was assurred it was, I grabbed one and walked rapidly out the door. A few days late they had a very slightly different model stoced for about $175. Check your local bargan papers.
Check out the Delta varible speed saw. I got one for 139 bucks.