Starrett square

Is there any way of dating one of these. I have one that I use that was my dad's. Have no idea when he got it. Only markings I can find on it are on the blade. The markings are, Hardened no.4 The L.S.S. Co. Anthol, Mass. USA. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

From those markings you can conclude it is a counterfeit. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Or perhaps he made a typo in describing the markings. Does it say "Anthol" or "Athol" ?

Doug Miller

Oops! Typo. Meant Athol, Mass.

Reply to
Paul O.

...and KS - Athol, right outside of Smith Center...

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Reply to
bynot

I thought that the proper name of Starret is L. S. Starrett Company. That would be LSS Co. wouldn't it?

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey