Starrett square

Is there any way of dating one of these. I have one that I use that was my dad's. Have no idea when he got it. Only markings I can find on it are on the blade. The markings are, Hardened no.4 The L.S.S. Co. Anthol, Mass. USA. Thanks.
--
Paul
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

From those markings you can conclude it is a counterfeit. Ed

Or perhaps he made a typo in describing the markings. Does it say "Anthol" or "Athol" ?
Oops! Typo. Meant Athol, Mass.
wrote in message

Anthol,
or
On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 20:37:39 -0700, Paul O. wrote:

...and KS - Athol, right outside of Smith Center...
-Doug
Try contacting Starrett's, directly. Maybe, they can be of some help http://www.starrett.com/pages/29_contact_starrett.cfm
"Paul O." wrote:

I thought that the proper name of Starret is L. S. Starrett Company. That would be LSS Co. wouldn't it?