Stanley lever cap low angle

Found me a Stanley lever cap low angle block plane, patent date looks to be 02/18/13 . Good bit of "non pitted" blade left. Cleaned up pretty nice as a "government job" at work. Now, do you think this plane came with a nickel plated lever cap, or were they just metal? ( Came out pretty nice though) Anyway's the lever cap and the sides of the body are looking pretty good. So far, I am loving it! Any other comments, info? Oh yea, BTY A whole $4.00 Thanks, Tony