Stanley Black & Decker

"But a larger portion of shareholders disagreed with a bonus plan that includes a $45 million reward to Black & Decker CEO Nolan D. Archibald if the combined company sheds $350 million in costs."

Of course, the $350,000,000 cost reduction will have no effect on availability of repair/replacement parts, customer service responsiveness, ability to innovate, retail prices, and/or quality of products...

Reply to
Morris Dovey

What color is the sky on your planet? Businesses move jobs overseas in search of greater profits, they cut employee health care benefits for the same reason--meanwhile the people running those companies vote themselves huge bonuses for actions that throw millions of Americans out of work and send the company sliding into a lowest-cost sewer. As for health care reform being *unnecessary" that can be true only if one in six Americans being uninsured is no problem, and if the cost of health insurance doubling in the past 15 years is no problem, and if a fifth of what we pay for insurance being shifted to cover the cost of treating uninsured patients is no problem, and if the insurance industry absorbing another fifth of what we pay in administrative overhead is no problem, and so on. Certainly the clowns in Washington can always make things worse, but that doesn't mean there is no problem to begin with.

Reply to
DGDevin

A CRAP! SENSORED NEWSGROUP THIS! HAS BECOME!

Reply to
LSMFT

> WHAT A CRAP! SENSORED NEWSGROUP THIS! HAS BECOME!

WTF, looking all around and still don't see any sensors??

Reply to
Swingman

>WHAT A CRAP! SENSORED NEWSGROUP THIS! HAS BECOME!

...hey, a photographic post!

cg

Reply to
Chasgroh

> WHAT A CRAP! SENSORED NEWSGROUP THIS! HAS BECOME!

Yep, my crap sensor just went off.

Reply to
J. Clarke

> WHAT A CRAP! SENSORED NEWSGROUP THIS! HAS BECOME!

You have something against Stanley Black? Generations are bound to ask about him... I hope this doesn't get sensored!

Reply to
Bill

It's the way of the world. In a recent study (if you can believe it)

  • The most intelligent people become entrepreneurs
  • The next stratum become politicians (obvious exceptions)
  • The lowest rung are the workers

You start to talk about HEALTH CARE reform then demonstrate all the things you thing are wrong with health care INSURANCE. "Insurance" and "health care" are NOT the same thing. Let's examine some of your concerns:

  • "one in six Americans being uninsured" - Why is that a problem? There are, it is claimed, 40 million uninsured. Twelve million are illegal aliens, 20 million are eligible for Medicare and will get it as soon as they apply in the emergency room, seven-plus million are between jobs, a few object for religious reasons, and several are self-insured. Doing the arithmetic results in a total of EIGHT people who don't have insurance that need and want it. To serve EIGHT people, the government risks screwing up the insurance scheme of 300 million Americans.
  • "insurance costs have doubled in the past 15 years" - Everything has doubled in fifteen years, even my waist. At 7%, your savings double in only TEN years.
  • "a fifth... pays for the uninsured" - So insurance costs go up 20% under the government scheme. What's the diff? And yes it will. Currently, 12% of the public does not pay for insurance. Under government plans they will. That's a big increase in overall revenue right there.

I agree with you there are big problems. But there ARE simple solutions. Outlawing chiropractic, naturopathy, aroma therapy, and Christian Science could be done with the stroke of a pen. You don't have to radically reform tort claims, just make sure all the punative damages go to the state health system instead of the plaintiff (plaintiff still gets economic and pain & suffering damages - lawyers get bupkas).

Reply to
HeyBub

There was a thread some time back about heat sensors, but I don't remember if there were extraneous exclamation marks in it.

Reply to
willshak

What I like about your posts is you're considerate enough to make it clear that nobody should take them seriously, saves lots of time.

Reply to
DGDevin

Right. They're covered by SawStop's patents.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

>>> WHAT A CRAP! SENSORED NEWSGROUP THIS! HAS BECOME!

Look, very carefully, out of your window.

Try not to be seen.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

So there are only eight people in the USA who are uninsured? Good luck getting anyone will believe that. You also missed Mr. Devin's point about those you claim are covered because they can go to an emergency room. That situation is forced, and it is very costly and inefficient. Guess who pays for that.

Reply to
Rob

Perhaps he was referring to sensations?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:47:07 -0600, the infamous Swingman scrawled the following:

>>> WHAT A CRAP! SENSORED NEWSGROUP THIS! HAS BECOME!

Weren't some of you repliers just agreeing to NOT reply to trolls?

-- There is no such thing as limits to growth, because there are no limits to the human capacity for intelligence, imagination, and wonder. --Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's what cracks me up, they're paying for the most expensive kind of treatment for the uninsured *now* but they're either ignorant of that or they're happy to pretend otherwise so they aren't distracted from waving their placards and chanting their slogans about how they don't want to have to pay for medical treatment for the uninsured. Talk about Bizarro World.

Reply to
DGDevin

Shed costs ? close a couple of product lines, close a couple of plants and wham a cool $45 Mil in the pocket!

Mart> On 3/12/2010 10:46 AM, snipped-for-privacy@nowheremonfrere.com wrote: >>

Martin H. Eastburn

No, I said there are only eight people who don't have insurance that need and want it. Sure, I was exaggerating, but so are those who claim there are

40 million people who can't get necessary care. My number is admittedly ludicrous; but so is the 40 million. The actual number is somewhere between the two - maybe a dozen or twenty.

I didn't say that either. I said they will be covered via Medicaid - all they have to do is apply. They apply when they show up at the emergency room (or other health-care facility).

Are you talking about the new government-run proposal?

Reply to
HeyBub