Stanley 9 1/2 vs. Stanley 60 1/2 block planes

When I use a block plane, when would I use a Stanley 9 1/2 and when would I use a Stanley 60 1/2? I believe the 60 1/2 would be better for end-grain situations. Are there other deciding factors in choosing between the two planes?
On 23 Jul 2004 16:43:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@avaya.com (Kurt) wrote:

60 1/2 is a little more aerodynamic, so you get better length when you throw it.
They're both junk. Ignore them, get the Lee Valley low-angle. The quality of manufacture is just incomparably better, A good low angle will do everything you ask of it. As you think, it's for end grain where you notice the difference.
--
Smert' spamionam

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:09:29 +0100, Andy Dingley

Hi, My name's Larry and I am the delegated scrapyard host for old metal Stanley planes here on the Wreck. Don't throw them or throw them away, send 'em here.
The address at the bottom of all pages at http://diversify.com is good.
Reduce / Recycle / Reuse !
- Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? - http://diversify.com Full Service Web Application Programming