Stanley #80 and shopsmith

I spent the day roaming around and visiting some friends from horse showing days.
I ran across an estate sale and bought a 1980 Mark V ShopSmith for $125(in fair condition) with lathe,tablesaw, sanding disc and of course drill press attachments also picked up a Stanley #80 scraper for $15.
I really have no need for the shopsmith and will likely clean it up, paint and resale it, although I may keep it just to use for another lathe.
The Stanley #80, I'll sell at cost and shipping if anyone needs it to complete a collection, 70% original japanning, no rust and good blade. Blade will need sharpening.
basilisk
"basilisk" wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------- That sanding disc can be turned into a home built disc sander.
Add a motor and some plywood and you're done.
I built one using plan in Fred Bingham's "Practical Yacht Joinery".
Lew
On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 15:35:37 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

There were two of the disk included with the SS, I very well could keep one for that purpose.
I guess the old guy had a couple of different grits mounted.
basilisk
On 6/29/2013 5:12 PM, basilisk wrote:

Had an uncle who opened cabinet/remodeling shop in conjunction w/ Armstrong (primarily) retail distributorship when came back from service. He did all his work on it for close to 10 yr before finally getting an old Unisaruius. My brother and I w/ my cousin laid tile during breaks and over many weekends for him up through the 60s and it was a daily fixture in the shop for a long time after that...
Actually, I could use the #80... d p bozarth swko dot the net thing for offline contact.
On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 10:48:08 -0500, dpb wrote:
..

Email sent...
basilisk