Stanley #7

I trade woodworking stories with a guy at work. He went to an estate sale this past weekend, and picked up a Stanley #7 for $15.00. He didn't really want it, but knew I would be interested. Several questions: 1. I'm trying to figure out how old this thing is. "BAILEY" appears on the bed in front of the knob, "MADE IN THE USA" appears immediately behind the knob. "No 7" cast into the rear of the bed. "STANLEY" on the lever cap, and "STANLEY" on the lateral adjustment lever. I'm thinking type 19, if I'm reading the reference material correctly. 2. I would be interested in available resources on proper restoration, adjustment, and use. Thanks, O.
Oregon wrote:

go here and click on the blood and gore link http://www.supertool.com / charlie b