Stanley 129 plane setup question

First, yes, I've Googled it - for days. 1. I've never used a plane. 2. I've read a few books on planes and I know that they are sharp. 3. I have the combination of of my g-g-grandfather's plane and a small job that would seem best handled with a plane. I have a Stanley 129 that is not in new condition; but then it's pushing a hundred years old and was in daily use in its time. While the critical components look wonderful, the plane would not fetch the prices I've seen listed for the model (that's aside from sentimental value). I cannot achieve shavings - only sawdust. I think I must not setting it up correctly. There's an adjustment / positioning lever behind the blade that I don't know exactly what to do with. There's a picture showing it at: http://www.handplane.com/wp-content/themes/Handplane-Central/popup.htm?http://www.handplane.com/Images/StatSheets/Stanl ey/129/StanleyNo.129Plane4-Big.jpg . When moved, it changes the blade angle. However, when the frog is tightened, it moves, so I'm thinking you start with it one position, then move it to the other limit to lock. Can anyone tell me how to properly set the adjustable part or anything else about setting up this plane? Thanks.

Link no good.