Stanley 127

I've just gotten a Stanley 127 plane with the liberty bell cap. There's a lever on the right side, apparently a depth of cut adjustment, but not sure. Anyway, on the plane I have there's nothing attached to the lever. It moves a slotted piece below the iron but doesn't touch it. I think there's a part missing. Can someone point me to a set of pictures or drawings/parts diagram of the model 127 that I can look at and compare?

Russ

Reply to
Russ

Never mind. I found a couple of pics on an auction page, and there's a screw through the iron that has a crimped end. That slips into the slotted piece. Seems someone ground off the end of this screw. Now I just have to find a replacement.

Russ did say:

Reply to
WoodMangler