Stanley 113 circular plane parts

Hi,

At a flea market this weekend I picked up a working carcass for a Stanley 113 as described in Patrick's Blood and Gore.

The seller said it was broken and good only for parts but it only has one removable part, which looks like the frog. That part's broken which is probably why he thought the whole plane was. The sole-bending mechanism works fine. Except for that one part there's nothing broken, cracked, or stripped.

So I've either got a conversation piece or the start of a restoration project. I'd prefer the latter but I'm fine with the former.

I'm still googling and coming up with possiblities, but does anybody have any suggestions about who I should be checking with? Charlie?

Reply to
else24

I suggest you email Mr Leach, as he may have, or may find a compatible 113 with a good frog but some other part broken.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

[snip]

By far the best parts collection on the west coast: Pete Niederberger.

his email address can be found here:

He fixed me right up with a latch pin & spring for a #48.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Thank you very much, gentlemen. I'll try both of those.

I knew it was a gamble when I bought it but I couldn't stand seeing it in that bin of rusty crank handles and beat up chunks of junk iron.

If I can find a whole new set of parts, great. If it sits on a shelf and I just pick it up now and then to show somebody how they work, that's fine too. :-)

Reply to
else24