staining knotty alder for Tuscan look

We are changing over our 1970's moldings/casings, etc to knotty alder. Does anyone have any suggestions on what staining 'color'...or mix of stains... to use to achieve a Tuscan wood effect tone with alderwood ?

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
TimR

I was in Tuscany a couple of months ago. A lot of trim was painted. Should be easy enough to get a color match. Some wood was very dark and aged. Any very dark stain would do if you like that. Of course, in some of the churches it was gold leafed. It may take some time, but it will be the only one in the neighborhood. Another possibility is to let it age a few hundred years.

Aside from that, I don't know what else Tuscan wood would look like.

This may be of interest also

Edwin Pawlowski