Staining before assembly

Page 2 of 2

He gets freaked out whenever anyone *mentions* the word "poly". Also, just for kicks, ask him for his recipe for RBS.

The way I figure it is if I keep making things for her, then I can keep buying new tools and wood. :-)
Also, I don't mind the style. It's not the cheapo-nailed-together-out-of-barnwood stuff, but more of a colonial look. (See:
http://www.swt.edu/~cv01/swtable1.jpg for an example of the oil finish, and
http://www.swt.edu/~cv01/hboy3.gif for a lousy picture of a highboy I made with a shellac finish.)

Your secret's safe with me. Ironically, besides my SW stuff, the only other project I ever stained was a poplar earring/bracelet hanger box that I used walnut stain on. I immediately regretted it, as it doesn't look a bit like walnut. :-}
Chuck Vance