Stacked dado in UK is legal after all!

Page 2 of 2

I checked on this a while back and found that when "our masters" decided that we might hurt ourselves if left to our own devices, a decision was made to shorten the length of the arbor so that you cannot fit dado blades to any new saws.
Prior to that, you could buy a saw one day and return and buy the dado blades the next, but certainly not at the same time.
Not sure if this is one of those EU rules that are followed without question in UK but nowhere else in Europe.
But if you can get an older Table saw with the longer arbor, you can buy and fit the dado blades. Perhaps they are still available in europe???
John

Where?
Untrue.
Completely and utterly untrue.