Stacked dado in UK is legal after all!

I checked on this a while back and found that when "our masters" decided that we might hurt ourselves if left to our own devices, a decision was made to shorten the length of the arbor so that you cannot fit dado blades to any new saws.

Prior to that, you could buy a saw one day and return and buy the dado blades the next, but certainly not at the same time.

Not sure if this is one of those EU rules that are followed without question in UK but nowhere else in Europe.

But if you can get an older Table saw with the longer arbor, you can buy and fit the dado blades. Perhaps they are still available in europe???

John

Reply to
John Young

Where?

Untrue.

Completely and utterly untrue.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Mike, ou really need to read the part of the Constitution that tells us the states have power over anything not explicitly awarded to the Feds. Local laws in many, maybe most, instances trump Federal laws. Do NOT walk into Frisco with a handgun and expect a Constitutional attorney to take your case.

What idiots are burning houses and killing women and children in France? Seems to me the riots did a lot of vehicular damage, but I haven't heard too many horror stories about women and kids being killed, though I would imagine some houses have been burned. It's hard to prove you're deserving of your fate by burning cars without splashing over into housing.

Besides, if I were defending my home, I do believe I'd prefer a shotgun with about #6 birdshot.

Reply to
Charlie Self

replying to foggytown, Stu93 wrote: Axminster Tools in the UK now supply two table saws (in their 'Trade' Range, that accept stacked dado head cutters. The machines are the AT254TS and the AT254LTS table saws. The stacked dado head cutters are 204mm diameter to fit these machines (or others using the same size blade (that have the additional length blade arbor), *and creates grooves from 6.35mm-20.64mm*. These blades Comprise of twin out blades and 6 chipper blades plus spacers and have a 30mm bore. I guess that kinda blows out your comments that they can only have a maximum cut of 15.5mm...!

Reply to
Stu93

replying to Andy Dingley, Read a book wrote: Manufacring of them is still illeagle? In the UK not to use them .. Has this changed since 2005

Reply to
Read a book

replying to foggytown, geoff9959 wrote: Only 1 word Chainsaw. I was an Ambulance man in the 70s and 80s when chainsaws were available for hire and purchase. The amount of times people cut parts of their bodies off or killed themselves and others with these tools was phenomenal and yet they never got banned.

Reply to
geoff9959

I have a friend that had a chainsaw kick back on him. I don't know the details, just the outcome.

He's a really good looking guy except the massive & gross looking scar that starts from his collar bone and runs up behind his right ear. You know that wrinkled patch of skin often seen on burn victims? The entire side of his neck looks like that. Apparently plastic surgery wasn't up to today's standards back then.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Axminster tools sell them , around about £150.00

Reply to
Watchtower

I wonder why it took fifteen years for all this to come out?

Reply to
krw

I thought Stacked dados were legal and wobble dados were illegal?

Reply to
knuttle

I bet it all has something to do with the "metric system". ;~)

Reply to
Leon