Stabalising bark?

I have a project in mind where I want to construct some parts of it with strips of bark cut to size. These are panels about 6'' by 3". I have been able to glue it to some MDF to make it ridgid but I want to use just the bark if possible. Any ideas?
Cheers, Tana
Tana wrote:

Natural Edge turners have to contend with this all the time. Head over to rec.crafts.woodturning and ask, or google "groups" - rec.craft.woodturning and search of "stablising" and "bark".
charlie b

Thanks Charlie good suggestion. Cheers Tana

Not as good as you might think. Your situation is vastly different. The turner is concerned with adhering the bark to the wood through or after drying a turning. You're trying to use bark as wood, if I read you correctly.
So you've got an easy task with our birch, or cork, or any number of trees with thick spongy bark, or a nearly impossible one with trees with thin, flaking bark.
Scarf joints can be hidden behind a surface pretty well, and provide good gluing area for bark to bark. Bark to substrate is probably easier with the hot glue crafters use.