Stab saw with Japanese style teeth?

I'm looking for a saw similar to a drywall saw - cuts on the push stroke and is stiff and pointy - but has nice sharp teeth and a somewhat thinner kerf say than your typical 4-6 tpi drywall saw.
Thank you very much. Oh yeah - does anyone know what this thing "gewgull" is that everyones' talking about? JP
On 10/11/2010 6:52 PM, Mark Whittingham wrote:

Like this?
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p2933&cat=1,42884,50321&ap=1
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
On 10/11/2010 6:59 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Woops, sorry; that one cuts on the pull stroke.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
snipped-for-privacy@swtacobell.net.invalid says...

If it's absolutely gotta be a push stroke you may be out of luck finding an off-the-shelf solution. A Bosch T101BR jigsaw blade has 10 tpi, is .06" thick, and has reverse teeth so it cuts on the push stroke. You can with a little work shoehorn a Bosch blade into an X-Acto Number 5 knife handle.
Not the most elegant thing in the world but it works.

Ain't gonna happen. Japanese saws cut on the pull, which allows the blade to be much thinner. You need a thicker blade to cut on the push. Pick stiff or thin.
On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:49:53 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

Right. Let him try making a point on a hacksaw blade and using one of the holder handles. Then he can see how nice pull saws can be by simply reversing the blade. http://fwd4.me/TUP one style.
-- Ask not what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive... then go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. -- Howard Thurman
I have one like that - older naturally - but the blade bunches up when you push it. Light strokes on push or stronger ones on the pull.
With it you flip over - end to end the blade. Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net "Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
On 10/12/2010 8:03 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

We would call that a Pad Saw but you are right it is hard to find good replacement blades for them. I have once or twice put a jigsaw blade in the Pad Saw handle when I needed a sharp or finer cut.
Tim W
Mark Whittingham wrote the following:

You can hammer the drywall saw's off-set teeth so they aint off-set no more.:-) Perhaps if you say what you intend to do with it you might find an alternative tool.

Did you google it?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY